Daylesford Macedon Produce Harvest Festival is a biennial celebration of the harvest, dating back to the time when the success of the crops dictated the lives of the people.
Our festival brings locals and visitors together to enjoy a showcase of unique product from the region’s best growers, provedores, chefs, restaurateurs and vignerons.
Festival goers can try experiences as varied as hands-on permaculture to sausage making; visit farm gates throughout the region and take advantage of the many special harvest week offers. Many become a ‘local’ for a night, shop with the locals at the farmers markets, or taste their way around the region with regional tasting plates and their matched local tipples. We also hold forums on sustainable communities; classes on everything from composting, preserving to bread making; to special winemaker and chef’s dinners and classes.
As guests travel across this beautiful region, we encourage them to keep a look out for our Daylesford Macedon Produce farm gate sign. These signs indicate these are places to meet the passionate locals who care about issues of sustainability and are committed to growing, producing and serving excellent local food and wine.
Typical events include:
- Regional tasting plates matched with a local beverage are available to visitors across the region – providing a tour with a difference and a snapshot of the best regional produce at each stop.
- Participation classes at producers’ venues throughout the region from charcuterie making to funghi foraging; butchering; curing; fermenting; cheese and bread making; pizza; to urban farming and edible gardening.
- Chefs’ and winemakers team up to hold lunches and dinners at unique venues and restaurants.
- Hosted tours of wineries, farmers’ markets and gardens that involve learning experiences, feasts and fun.
- Visiting chefs and winemakers hosted events.